This continuing education session was planned to meet the needs of institutional pharmacists who work in our Health and Hospitals facilities managed by the City of New York. If you do not work for a City facility and wish to attend this course, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This presentation will review the principles of geriatric pharmacotherapy management
- Demonstrate a basic functional and cognitive assessment of a geriatric patient
- Discuss pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics changes in the elderly
- Identify high-risk medications in the geriatric population due to pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics changes
- Describe geriatric syndrome and its effect on mortality
- Describe polypharmacy and strategies to deprescribe
- Assess the importance and challenges associated with deprescribing
- Identify tools available to aid in deprescribing efforts
- Review a patient case to practice implementing strategies of deprescribing
The New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists (NYSCHP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 0.2 CEUs (total contact hours=2). Statements of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit are available to participants upon the conclusion of the program with a survey link. Participant must verify attendance at the meeting by entering the program CE code.
Attendees have 45 days from the date of the program to retrieve their credits. Payments to NYSCHP or WNYSHP are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, they may be deductible under other provisions of the Internal Revenue Code (i.e., ordinary, necessary business expenses; miscellaneous itemized deduction).
There are no fees associated with these activities.
Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- RAM: 4 GB
Speakers and Microphone: built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Webcam or HD webcam: built-in or USB plug-in
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.9 or later OR Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (Note: For devices running
Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported)
Internet connection: Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
Provider Contact Information:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Touro College of Pharmacy at Cheuk-Michael.Liu15@touro.edu
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality:
In order to provide you with the services and support the University, we at times need to collect, store and/or process certain information about prospective and current members of our University community, as well as our website guests. Touro College of Pharmacy, as part of Touro University, values your privacy and takes the protection of personal information very seriously. We recognize that these efforts require us to secure your information appropriately and to handle it respectfully. Please refer to the University Privacy webpage to provide information about our data collection and processing practices. These notices will inform you in greater detail about the types of information we collect, how we may use it and how we maintain it based upon the relationship(s) you may have with the University.
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education Credits for Pharmacists
Participant names will be checked against the program’s electric attendance sheet to verify attendance and attendee signature is required to receive CE credits – you need to be in-attendance for the whole activity. Please note: If you did not sign in at the program, you will not be verified for taking the survey and will be disqualified to receive your CE credits.
- Click on the survey(s) above which applies to you (pharmacists or technicians)
- You do NOT need to sign in with your membership ID to take the survey.
- MyCPEMonitor and The Board of Pharmacy require: (please be sure you enter correctly to insure credit approval)
- Your first and last name
- Month and date of birth in the format “MMDD” (ie: July 16 = 0716 or December 12 = 1212)
- Your NABP e-Profile ID number (typically 6-7 digits)
- At the end of the survey you will input a CE code that you received at the program.
- You have 45 days after the program to complete the survey. MyCPEMonitor will not accept credits after 45 days from the session date.
- It will take up to 60 days for your credits to be uploaded to MY CPE Monitor.
- Only Certificates of Credit issued from MyCPEMonitor are valid in the US.
Please only fill out the survey ONCE.
When you complete the survey, the “thank you” at the bottom of the screen is your confirmation – you will not receive a separate email confirmation.