Start Date: December 7, 2020
End Date: April 28, 2021
Days: Mon / Wed 6:00 P.M.- 9:00 P.M.
Method: Online via Microsoft Office 365, Teams Video platform
No training on January 18 and February 15, 2021.
To register, please click on “Take This Course” at the upper right hand of this page. You will receive additional information after registering, including an invite for an online orientation session before the course begin. BronxCare will provide information about the clinical portion of this training.
Participants need to meet the minimum requirement of high school diploma, have a valid social security card, have medical clearance. The training and clinical components will lead to members gaining skills and knowledge to perform tasks essential for the workplace.
Clinical Dates: Immediately following successful completion of didactics instruction.
TRAINING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Requirements for successful completion of the course will include attendance, quizzes, exams, laboratory practice and completion of clinical competency. The successful completion of all the requirements will lead to a Certificate of Completion in Telemetry Training and eligibility to challenge the National Telemetry Association certification exam.
· Introduction to the cardiovascular system
· Anatomy of the heart
· Anatomical foundations
· Cardiac Arrhythmia
· Introduction to Telemetry and ECGs / EKGs.
· Basics of operating an ECG / EKG.
· Fundamentals of reading cardiac monitors.
· Certification Prep Exam
Students are expected to attend all of the scheduled classes. There is a maximum of 2 absences. Students will be given notice of their tardiness/absences and will be required to meet with their assigned coordinator. All missed work, quizzes and exams must be made up as determined by the instructor/coordinator.
Students are required to maintain academic integrity at all times. Failures in academic integrity can include, but is not limited to, cheating, obtaining an unfair advantage and plagiarism. Any failure in academic integrity can result in a grade sanction (failing grade or retaking the exam/course), suspension or expulsion from the program.
The student is deemed successful in the completion of the course upon reaching the following criteria:
· Complete attendance of all modules and remedial work when necessary
· Completion of all online exams with a grade of “B” or higher in all modules
· Passing grade of 80% for all modules
· Completion of clinical rotation
· CWE does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
For course details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org