Start Date: December 8, 2020
End Date: April 1, 2021
Days: Tue / Thu 6:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Method: Online via Microsoft Office 365, Teams Video platform
Please note that no release time has been provided for this training, so you are expected to attend it on your own time.
This course is designed as a review program for practicing Pharmacy Technicians wishing to take the PTCB-Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhTs) Exam. The course will cover nine knowledge domains that are critical to the pharmacy technicians’ practice. Training content will be aligned with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam. To achieve PTCB Certification, candidates must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma).
• Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions.
• Compliance with all applicable PTCB Certification policies.
TRAINING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Requirements for successful completion of the course will include attendance, quizzes, & exams. The successful completion of all the requirements will lead to eligibility to challenge the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification examination.
• Medication Safety
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control
• Order Entry
• Billing and Reimbursement
• Use of Pharmacy Information Systems
Enrollees will be asked to take an online multiple choice Math test before the course begins. The test results will help to determine the level of Math review needed for success in the prep course and the PTCB exam.
Students are expected to attend all of the scheduled classes. There is a maximum of 2 absences. Students will be given notice of their tardiness/absences and will be required to meet with their assigned coordinator. All missed work, quizzes and exams must be made up as determined by the instructor/coordinator.
Students are always required to maintain academic integrity. Failures in academic integrity can include, but is not limited to, cheating, obtaining an unfair advantage and plagiarism. Any failure in academic integrity can result in a grade sanction (failing grade or retaking the exam/course), suspension or expulsion from the program.
The student is deemed successful in the completion of the course upon reaching the following criteria:
• Complete attendance of all modules and remedial work when necessary
• Completion of all online exams with a grade of “B” or higher in all modules
• Passing grade of 80% for all modules
• CWE does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
For more information, please contact email@example.com