This continuing education (CE) session was planned to meet the needs of pharmacists and other clinicians who routinely prescribe, verify and/or monitor medications.
This presentation will review and apply hepatitis C virus management with emphasis on developing individualized antiviral regimen based on therapeutic goals.
- Describe the contemporary epidemiology of viral hepatitis in the United States
- Describe the various routes of transmission and how the risk of transmission varies with exposure type
- Discuss goals of therapy for people living with HCV
- List recommended antiviral therapy options for viral hepatitis
- Develop an individualized antiviral regimen for treatment-naïve and treatment experienced patients
- Use the patient centered care process to evaluate a patient with hepatitis C