Congratulations on taking this important step toward achieving your academic goals!
The HSE Program helps adult learners earn their high school equivalency diploma, issued by the New York State Education Department. Our program offers two options:
- The Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), which replaced the GED in New York State. TASC prep classes provide instruction in subject areas and skills required to pass the equivalency exam. This option is ideal for adults who have taken the GED since 2002 and passed some of the subjects, as those scores are still valid.
- the National External Diploma Program (NEDP). NEDP is a web-based program, which requires that students work independently, in conjunction with advisors and assessors, and demonstrate mastery of specific competencies and skill sets in a number of different content areas. No official/comprehensive exam is taken. Only eligible 1199 union members (employed for at least 1 year) are able to participate.
During this hour long interactive online orientation, you will learn:
- How to choose which program option is a better fit for you
- Requirements to complete each program
- Support options available to you as you go through the program
Click on green “Start Course” button to begin.