This continuing education (CE) session was planned to meet the needs of pharmacists and other clinicians who routinely prescribe, verify and/or monitor medications.
This presentation will review the current literature on COVID-19 pharmacotherapy, including mitigation strategies, diagnostics, and medication therapies.
- Recall strategies on mitigating the transmission of COVID-19
- Outline the difference in sensitivity by specimen types
- Know the difference between positive predictive value and negative predictive value for virus testing
- Memorize common chronic diseases associated with greatest risk for ICU admissions in COVID-19 patients
- Quote the recommendation by cardiology organizations on usage of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers
- Memorize the oxygen saturation thresholds when supplemental oxygen is suggested and recommended
- Label the severity of COVID-19 based on the ratio of partial pressure of arterial oxygen to forced inspiratory oxygen
- Know the mortality outcome of medication therapies from clinical trials