This continuing education (CE) session was planned to meet the needs of pharmacists and other clinicians who routinely prescribe, verify and/or monitor medications.
This presentation will review changes to most recent DHHS HIV treatment guidelines focusing on clinically important medications updates.
At the conclusion of this knowledge-based CE session, participants should be able to:
- Identify the appropriate resources to manage the pharmacologic therapy of patients with HIV
- List important changes including medication regimen updates in the 2019 DHHS HIV guidelines
- Outline the role of therapy for common single tablet regimens
- Describe the role of integrase inhibitors in the treatment of HIV
- Review clinically important medication updates including drug-drug interactions, their adverse effect profile and major counseling points
- Develop an individualized antiretroviral regimen for treatment-naïve and treatment experienced patients
- Modify a patient’s antiretroviral regimen in response to resistance mutations
- Explore new HIV drug regimens and formulations